Hey family,
Thanks for the letter
this week. This week has been pretty good. It was fun to get the package from
Mom. Now I have a bunch of snacks and stuff. It’s pretty exciting. Everyone
here is really excited about conference. I don’t know why, but apparently
conference is more exciting than any other holiday or day on your mission.
Pretty cool stuff. We all wish the MTC choir was going to the Conference
Center, but they're not doing that this time. Anyway, it isn’t that big of a
deal.
Well it is cool that
you made a fire pit. I saw the picture, which looked cool. Did you just get
some pavers and mortar or something like that? Pretty cool stuff. I want to go
roast some marshmallows or hotdogs or something. Hopefully Owen isn’t
"smelting" too much. Just kidding, I actually hope that he is. You'll
all have to send me a picture of a molten soda can or glass bottle. It sounds
pretty fun. I want to smelt. Well, it sounds like everything is all pretty
good.
That’s also great
about Henry and his 100 deadliest things book. I'm interested to see what kind
of spiders are in Nicaragua. Maybe Henry could look them up and tell me? So
Dad, I can’t believe that you get to be a Webelos leader with Uncle Mark. That
sounds really fun. You'll have to show the kids the potato gun. That’s also
cool about the Boise Temple. Do they really anticipate 350,000 people to go
through it? That is ridiculous! Well hopefully you don’t get any crazy people
asking hard questions.
I am getting really
excited to go to Nicaragua. We were talking about it last night and what it
will be like. We have heard a lot about Colombia and Peru because that is where
our teachers are from. Anyways yeah I'm getting really excited to get out
there. Oh, you were asking about the travel itinerary. We get the travel
itinerary 10 days before we leave the MTC, so that should be next weekend or
something like that. I'm really excited to get the airplane ticket. I think
that we have 19 more days here. The
church always flies Delta and they will be getting us on the plane probably
early in the morning on October 22nd. I’m glad that we don’t have to worry
about visa stuff. There were a couple guys in our zone going to Spain who
didn’t get their visas. Out of 12 guys, only 1 got his visa on time. Pretty
crazy stuff.
Well this week in the
MTC was about the same as every other one. We just studied a bunch, learned
Spanish, and learned how to teach the gospel. Each day we have a 3-hour block
with the teacher learning Spanish, and later in the day we have another 3-hour
block about learning the gospel. And the time between is just spent studying
and preparing. The days are pretty busy. I think that I'm getting better at
teaching though.
So this morning we
went to the temple and did some temple work. It was pretty cool, and we ate in
the cafeteria, which was really good. When we all walked out, some lady came
and was talking to us about how she had received some crazy revelation and
wrote a song about some scripture. We were all kind of confused.
Anyway, aside from that
we had a pretty crazy squirt-gun fight in the residence. We played the
equivalent of one-in-the-chamber from Call of Duty. Bailey and Owen will know
what I'm talking about. Anyway, P-Days are really fun here, and there isn’t
much to do in the MTC, so we have to get creative sometimes.
Well, that is about
all that is going on here. I have some pictures on my camera. If I get a chance
I'll try to send some home. Well, its great to hear from you all, and I am
excited to hear how things are going next week. I love you all and miss you.
Nos Vemos,
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment