Monday, July 22, 2013

#46 Managua (Villa Venezuela)


July 22, 2013

Why hello family!

Thanks for the huge email this week. It sounds like you all had a pretty good time this weekend, and that the drive was pretty long. But that’s awesome. I didn’t know that you were all going to go camping. That’s pretty awesome though. I can just imagine Henry trying to shoot some chipmunks with his new slingshot. Good stuff. Remember when we tried to hike in and deliver the Ho-Hos? And then Bailey-pants got off of the mountain, and didn’t even recognize the car of ours parked right next to their car. Crazy stuff... But that’s good that the hiking was good.

So life has been pretty normal for us. Normally, during the week, I write down the stuff that I want to tell you in my agenda, but this week I forgot my agenda in the house. So yeah... sorry if the letter this week is kind of jumbled.

Basically, not too much has changed. We have just been working like normal, and we had a ton of investigators in the church again. That included 2 families. Pretty awesome stuff. The families were 1. H. and K. and 2. L. and D. They all loved the church, but I don’t know if L. and D. learned much, because they have a little one year old girl that is very very fussy... The baby was crying the whole time, and it was no bueno. But anyways, the families are super cool, and I feel like H. and K. are going to get baptized really, really soon. They’re just a little hesitant, but soon we'll do the baptism interview and get them in the water. It’s awesome here. We had one lesson in particular that was totally rocked it with H. and K. It was me, one of our ZLs, and our ward mission leader. Anyways, we had a sweet lesson, and sung some hymns, and it was really really awesome. I was thinking about the promise in D&C 84:85 about  "Ni os preocupéis tampoco de antemano por lo que habéis de decir; mas atesorad constantemente en vuestras mentes las palabras de vida, y os será dado en la hora precisa la porción que le será medida a cada hombre. ". (YEAH, SORRY THAT CAME UP IN SPANISH, BUT THAT’S WHAT LDS.ORG IS LIKE HERE. Maybe you can get the gift of tongues and try to see what it says :). Or you can just look it up) 

But truthfully, like I was saying, whenever we enter into a lesson, we never really prepare much. We just trust that the Spirit will guide the lesson, and that we'll say the right things. And it is totally true. Especially in the lesson we had with H. and K. It just seemed like it was a really good lesson, and that the Spirit was especially strong. Everything was clear, and they seemed really cool and happy. Good stuff. It was one of the best lessons on my mission, and we were all very happy after. H. and K. have said that they're totally down to get baptized, but they just want the answer from God. Obviously, they've gotten the answer before, because they said that right before we met them they had been praying that they could find the correct church. Also they say that since they've gone to the church, their lives have been more peaceful, and that everything has improved. It’s obvious that they've received the answer, but they just haven’t recognized it... But yeah... Were stoked.

So that’s about the coolest thing that’s been happening this week. We have the changes this week on Wednesday, and I am 99.9% sure that my comp is leaving. So that is kind of cool. Changes are always fun, and I bet that I’ll get those packages finally. Very fun. Other than that though, life is normal, and we're just working hard. 

So yeah, now that we can drink Coke, the members have been going loco. We have been receiving Coke from the members wherever we go... and its starting to become too much. One day for lunch, we got a 2-liter of Coke just for 2 people.... me and elder E. For whatever reason... we drank all of it... and after we felt very sick. While we were drinking it, we were totally making some good jokes and taking some funny pictures. In one of the pictures, all you need to do is look at our faces, and that should give a clear indicator of how we were feeling... Funny stuff. We both went out and even bought our "envase retornable" (returnable bottle) of Coke, so yeah, we're all partying it up 24/7 with the Coca-Cola.


Oh, here is something cool that I just remembered. The 19th of July here is the day of the Revolution, and it’s a HUGE deal here. That also happens to be Owen’s birthday... But anyways, everyone from everywhere comes to Managua, and goes to the central plaza named Malecon (I went there once for a p-day in Bello. It’s the Whitehouse of Nicaragua). But anyways, there is a huge party, and Mr. Ortega comes out of hiding and gives a little message. But the city has been plastered with propaganda for the past month or so, and everyone has been in full party mode. I now have got 3 Daniel Ortega shirts, but I’ve decided not to wear them anymore. I'll just wear them when I get home. People just harass us too much as gringos when we wear the shirts. But yeah, it was crazy, and on the 19th we didn’t really get anything accomplished, because everyone was out partying. Maybe you can look it up on the internet, because I bet there is a bunch of stuff about it. 

Well, that’s about all I’ve got for you all this week. I'm sure that there is a bunch more that happened, but my mind is kind of blank right now. Peace out, and if you have any questions, shoot me an email.

Audios.

Elder Stark

(Today, I have 11 months in the mission.... ALMOST 1/2 BABY!!!!!!!))))





No comments:

Post a Comment