Hey fam,
Well I am not going to write a ton today
because we'll be talking to each other on Wednesday, but yeah today we got back
from Managua and its pretty cool. We had a Christmas party as a mission in the
Hilton Hotel in Managua and man, that hotel was super rich. Like seriously it
had A/C in almost the whole building, and it even had carpet in the big room
where we were. That is the very first time that I had stepped on carpet in my
whole time in Nicaragua. It blew my mind. Basically it was just a talent show,
and as a mission we watched Despicable Me 2. It was pretty cool. The movie was
dubbed over in Spanish, and I understood all of it, but they have weird accents
so it was kind of weird. But yeah that was fun. I got my package and still
haven’t opened it. I'll probably take it with me to the cyber on Wednesday and
open it with you guys. I also got a letter from G'ma Mary, which was awesome.
Oh and president and his wife gave us each a pillow which is really cool. It's
one of the first times that I’ve had a pillow, so I’m stoked. They also gave
each missionary two apples and some grapes which where really good. They are
the two most expensive fruits in this country. In the hotel they gave us a nice
lunch and it was fun.
So this week I have spent a lot of time
in the buses. On Saturday we went to Leon to a stake Christmas party, but it
was canceled. So we basically traveled an hour there, and an hour back in vain.
The activity was moved to Sunday, the next day, because nobody was prepared on
Saturday. So on Sunday we went to Leon again. It was fun, but then we had to
get back to Nagarote in the nighttime, and we basically just stood on the side
of the highway with the Hermana missionaries trying to flag down an express bus
from Chinandega. Finally a bus stopped and we got home. There were a bunch of
drunk guys in the bus behind where we were sitting so we didn’t get much rest.
Oh and when we went back to Nagarote from Leon Saturday night, a crazy
clown got on the bus, and was harassing us the whole way back. He says that
he's a member. So yeah, that was funny.
On Friday I was in La Paz Centro working
with the elders there. They baptized another family this weekend, so I went and
did the interviews and stuff. We also went to Momotombo, which is like a 30-minute
ride in a motorcycle taxi in the mountains. It was the second time that I had
been there. We almost got trapped in a funeral march, but luckily we got out of
it.
Well, that is how my life was this week.
It was a fun week, and I’m stoked to talk to you all.
Love,
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment