Monday, February 3, 2014

#74 Nagarote


Hey family,

Well this week has been pretty good. It actually passed by really really quickly. I am surprised that it’s Monday again. Looking back on the week, I can’t really remember anything that’s happened. On Tuesday, we had a zone meeting in Leon. That went well. Then we worked in my area. On Thursday I went on divisions in Mateare with an elder named Elder B. It went pretty well, and we found some new people to teach. We walked along the beach of Lake Managua, and it was pretty gross. It smells really bad by the lake. Then on Saturday and Sunday I was in my area working like normal. On Sunday we had 4 investigators at church, and I feel pretty happy about that. The coolest part was that the church attendance was the highest that I’ve ever seen. We had 76 people who attended church. How awesome is that?

So on Saturday, Y went to the United States to visit her family and go on vacation. (That family is super rich... do you know how many Nicaraguans have American visas? Very few). So we went and said goodbye to her. They seem to be doing really well, and I feel really happy for them. We visited them twice this week, and went once with the C family. So it was pretty cool.

It sounds pretty cool that dad has a Harry Potter scar now. Good stuff. How did she hit you in the forehead? I don’t understand how that could have happened. But yeah, I wish that I could have gone skiing. It’s really hot and dusty here. 

Today for p-day we went to Managua. I got permission to go to Metrocentro, which is the biggest mall in Nicaragua. It’s in the south mission, and we got permission to go, and it was really cool. I bought 4 cheeseburgers from McDonalds and an almond snickers McFlurry. Good stuff. It’s pretty fun going to Managua. I enjoy haggling with the taxi drivers and walking around/getting lost and finding my way around. While I was in Metrocentro, I felt like I was in the US. It’s really clean and everything.

Anyways, that’s about all that happened this week. In like 6 months, I’ll be going home. That is scary. Anyway, love ya all, and have a great week.

 Elder Stark






No comments:

Post a Comment