Friday, September 7, 2012

#3 MTC



Hola familia, 
How is everything going? I'm glad that you are all doing well, and that you're having fun. So this week, everyone has been sick. In our zone, the cold is going around. Its really dumb, and I am kind of sick. I've got a cough and I lost my voice for 3 days. I'm on day 4 now, but it is getting better which is good. I literally woke up one morning and couldn't talk at all. It was frustrating, but now it is alright. Anyways, so I guess I'll give you some updates on what is going on here.
Last Thursday, we had 2 more elders in our district go home. It was really sad, and the guys were really cool. I was pretty good friends with one of the Elders. We all feel pretty bad. These 2 guys weren't worthy to be on a mission, and they decided to go home. We are all sad, but we're glad that they made the right decision. So far we have had 3 elders go home from our district. It is really sad. Anyways now our district has 9 people in it, and 2 more guys are leaving for Guatemala on Tuesday. So basically, we will only have 7 guys in our district, while all the other districts have around 12 people.
This week we have also had 2 more investigators (obviously they aren't real investigators). Anyways, it has gone really well.  My Spanish has gotten a lot better. I taught both 30 minute lessons without using my notes. This week, I taught about La Palabra de Sabiduria, La Resturacion, y Oracion. Anyways in English, that's the word of wisdom, the restoration, and prayer. I'm feeling pretty good about Spanish, and I am glad that I am learning. My spelling probably isn't that good, but I feel pretty confident when I speak the language. Anyways, it is all going well. H.S.I. (Spanish acronym for Speak Your Language) is still pretty tough, but whatever.
Well I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well at home. I read that mom got a road bike, right? That sounds pretty fun. Just don't wreck the bike, that could hurt. And its good to hear that the Bishop's arm is getting better, that's too bad that he had to have some surgery. Oh, its pretty fun getting Elder McGregor's letters and Elder Rodger's letters. Keep sending me those, they are fun to read. So here at the CCM I have seen Elder Mortensen a few times. Its funny seeing people that I know. I have also seen a few people from BYU and I see one of Jake's old roommates from BYU a lot.
So Sam and Katie got their mission papers turned in. I haven't really thought much about where they would go, but here are my quick predictions:
For Sam, I think that he is going to Panama, and for Katie, I think that she will go somewhere weird like Russia. Anyways, I am probably completely off, but those are my quick predictions. I'm really excited to hear where they go.
 Well, I love you all and I miss you all. It's great hearing from you. Keep writing me letters and DearElder.com things. Thank you. 
Con amor,
Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment