Thursday, September 13, 2012

#4 MTC


Hey familia,

I’m glad to hear that all is going well. Last week there were a bunch of Elders who lived in our hall who went to Nicaragua North. They were all pretty cool, and we were really good friends with them. They were saying that their travel plans were Salt Lake to Houston to Miami to Nicaragua. Kind of weird. Anyways, I’m pretty jealous. I wish we could get out into the field. The CCM is really fun though. Anyways, 2 more elders from our district left.  Luckily they were going to the Guatemala CCM, and they weren’t going home. Now we have 7 guys in our district. Its pretty funny, we have like the smallest district.

So last week when I was doing my email time, I sent a couple sentences to Elder Rodgers. I got about a paragraph back from him, and it was fun to hear how he is doing. He said that he is now the meyor companion, and that he is doing pretty well.

Well not much is going on here; pretty much all we do is study and eat and study. Every day we usually teach a lesson. We have 2 investigators which we practice teaching. It’s pretty cool. So we had a lesson a week or so ago with one of our guys. Before the lesson we prayed that we would have the words we would need to know in our mouths. Anyways, the lesson went really well, and I didn’t really have any troubles at all speaking the language. I just pretty much knew all of the words. It's pretty cool to see prayers answered like that. That happens a lot too.


So about 2 nights ago, Elder D. got bananaed. Anyways, Elder C. (the prankster guy) put a ton of bananas in his bed, closet, suit, pillows, and pretty much every where else. Surprisingly, Elder D. was pretty upset. He was all mad and stuff. Anyway, around 11pm the bananas started flying. I think Elder D. threw the first one. Well, the end result was a bunch of gross bananas everywhere in our room. It was really funny once the bananas started flying. I think the plan is to banana him again tonight. Pretty funny stuff.

Oh and last night, we came into our room, and found a huge thing of concrete from the floor all busted up. So, I guess the construction workers measured wrong, and they drilled a big hole into our room. There was concrete mud and water and stuff all over Elder D.’s luggage. He was pretty mad about that too. We were talking to the maintenance guys, and they don’t know what was going on. Well, basically the end result was that there is a big chunk of concrete and carpet missing from our floor. I took some pictures, and if I get a chance I’ll send them to you. It was pretty funny.

Also, last night around 11pm (that’s when all the jokes are made), we started spontaneously making monkey noises. Like, everyone in our room was hooting and howling like monkeys. We did it for a while, and then heard a knock on the door. We all shut up for a while, and carefully opened the door. Sitting outside our door was a banana. There are a lot of bananas in our building. 

Well, I don’t know what more to say. Tell Dad that I see a lot of Danish missionaries here, and its funny to hear them speak. All is going well, and I'm not sick anymore. Spanish is coming along really well; it’s hard, but it’s coming. We do H.S.I (Spanish for Speak your language), and I don’t really have to think much about what I need to say. We spend around 8-10 hours a day studying the language and the gospel, so pretty much the whole day is centered around learning Spanish. It’s cool. Well, that’s about all that is going on here. This week went by really quick. I love you all and miss you.

-Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment