Hey familia,
Well it
sounds like you all had a lot of fun over there at the state wrestling
tournament. I cant believe that it was so snowy and everything. Its pretty
crazy the idea of snow. Here im still just sweating it out. Summer just began
in Nicaragua, and it goes until June or something like that. So we will see how
this week turns out. I guess there is a week here called Semana Santa or
something like that where it is just horribly hot. Ive been hearing alot about
it. I really hope i go to Matagalpa for that week.
So i have
pretty much just been working here like normal in Bello Horizonte. On tuesday,
it turned out that no new Elders came, just sister missionaries. So we didnt
get a chance to take the new missionares out contacting. We were a little
disapointed, but its all good. Basically, on tuesday night, we worked for a
while, and then went to a meeting with the bishop to discuss the missionary
work. It went pretty well. During the meeting, one of the sister missioinies
who we share the area with came in with a new sister missionary who had come
here that day. It was pretty funny, and it turns out that she knew Elder
Schriever pretty well in the Guatamala CCM. She said that he had a message for
me, but couldnt remember what it was. So anyways, funny stuff. Its a small
world.
So after this
meeting, we just went to our food cita and ate some gallo pinto or something
like that. Then we went back to the house. Elder B got the call that said he
had changes, so he packed. I had a headache, so i pretty much took some
ibuprofeno and went to bed. I guess he packed until like 12 in the night, but i
was dead tired, so i just fell asleep. Good stuff.
On wednesday
morning, we woke up and ran and got some mcdonalds breakfast, and then got a
taxi, and went to changes. The taxi there was really crammed, because we had
like the whole trunk full of luggage, and 4 elders in the backseat. So yeah,
pretty crazy. But we got to the church, and then hung out with the missionares
there until the changes began. We got some sweet lessons from Pres, and then
the changes began. Oh before the changes began, Pres Arredondo showed us a
picture of our new mission pres. So here is the funny part:
Ok on
saturday, the hermanas had a baptism. As we were walking out of the church building,
the Hermana C. saw a guy from her stake presidency in costa rica there. The guy
is like the coordinater of seminary and instituto for centro america, and he
was here doing some stuff. We talked with him for a while, and he had recieved
a mission call to serve as presidnte, but didnt know where too. So we talked
with him for a little, and then left. It was pretty funny, because the hermana
C. knew him really well, because they are in the same stake. Ok so turns out
that during changes, we saw the picture of our new pres. Its the same guy we
talked to outside of the church. So yeah, ive actually already met the new
presidente. Pretty funny stuff. He
seemed like a nice guy.
So basically
the changes went all well. I got a new comp, named Elder
N. He is from
Colorado, and has one change less then i do here.
I actually
knew him in the MTC, because he was in the same zone as me, just a change
behind us. So yeah, it was fun. Its pretty strange that im with a chele again.
I thought that when i came here, i would always be with latinos, but this is my
seconds chele comp. Pretty interisting. Well yeah, he is a cool guy and works
pretty hard. And yeah, im still here in Bello Horizonte. So this change is only
4 weeks. Ive got a feeling that they'll probably take me out of this area at
the end of this change. Its like all of the missionares have served in this
area for exactly 2 changes, and then they take them out. I really hope that i
can go to Puerto Cabezas. Litterally i know like half of the zone in Puerto, and
i really want to go there. During the change 3 elders got called to puerto, and
i know them all really well. So yeah, we'll see. Oh and i got the package too. I
like the cliff bars. I like to dip them in the PB and its super good. Thanks a
ton. I really really enjoyed them!
Basically,
this week we have just been working and trying to get the families we are
teaching to church. We were pretty blessed this week, and got a new family to
church. We put a baptism date with the family, and they should get baptised
this saturday, but we'll see. They also have some kids, and maybe we can
baptise the ones who are older than 8. That would be cool. We didnt baptise
anyone last change, and i hope that this change we can get a family baptised.
We'll see.
So yeah, like
i said we just kind of worked for this week. We were contacting one day, and
contacted a family that was more or less positive. As we were walking away, the
guy called back to us, and asked us if we were thirsty. We said yes, and he
gave us 20 cordobas to go buy some drinks. It was really really nice, and i was
supprised. We were contacting in a pretty poor area, and 20 cordobas is a lot
of money. So yeah, it was awesome. I have never really seen someone be really
charitable like that. We tried to visit their house later, but couldnt find it.
We searched around forever asking the nieghbors, but i guess they dont live in
the direction: toppe sur bello horizonte 1c al sur 3c arriba. Anyways, that was
kind of a cool story that was pretty random.
Later that
night we went to our food cita and ate. After, one of the ladys there who is a
RC and is pregnant asked us for a blessing. So we gave her one, and it was
super cool. I got the chance to give the blessing, and the spirit was really
strong. She seems really healthy now, so its awesome to see the sacerdocio in accion.
Well, yeah so
this week i completed 6 months in the mission. I cant believe that its actually
25 percent done. Crazyness. I wonder what i'll be like another 6 months from
now. The time is starting to fly. Literally every night i look back at the day,
and wonder where all the time has gone. It always feels like that there isnt
enough time in each day to do all of the things that we need to do. Well, i
guess its good that we're busy. Im also happy with my spanish. I had my first
dream in spanish on saturday night! That was pretty awesome!!!!
Oh so here is
a cool story. We went to our food cita for dinner. The lady told us that she
cooked something special for us, and we were like "well... what did you
cook?" After much persuasion on our part, we finally got an answer from
her. She had cooked us up a turtle. So yeah, then the sister missionares
arrived, and the first thing we said is that "hey, we're eating turtle
tonight". So yeah, we ate some turtle that night. Suprissingly, it was
really really good. I have been asking her to make it again. I really really
liked the turtle. It was like steak, but better. So yeah, if you ever find
turtle in the supermarket in the US, you should buy some. I was sad that i
didn’t have my camera with me that night, but yeah, it was awesome.
Well, not
much else has happened this week. Just working, contacting, teaching a lot, and
working to get investigators in the church. We were really happy to have the a
family in the church on sunday. I love getting familes investigating to the
church. We all got on a moto taxi, and it was really sketchy. There were the 4
family members in the front part, and then my comp in the front part too. I was
on the motorcycle part with the driver, behind. I dont really know if thats
aloud in the mission, but yeah. It was fun. The motorcycle was really really
struggling to move all 7 people onboard, but we made it. Slowly. Pretty funny
story. Again, i didnt have my camera, but it was pretty nuts.
So thats
about all thats going on here. I was glad to hear that the letter arrived. Ive
been thinking about sending a packiage to the US, but i havent found time. Its
really cheap, like 3 dollars each pound. But i just havent found time, and im still
looking for a small box. We'll see if i ever get a chance to do that. Ive got a
man bag, some bracelets, and some other junk i want to send home. Well fam, i
was really glad for the letter you all sent me. Thanks again. I hope that the
next week is good, and that you're all safe and happy. Im doing great here. I
sent home a bunch of pictures, but the camera died while it was uploading. Plus
the internet here today is really slow. So yeah, you can check those out.
Thanks again,
and i love you all.
¡Sigan
adelante!
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment