Hey family,
Well, as you probably know, I didn’t write yesterday.
Sorry about that. We were really busy, and I was on buses and in meetings all
day. We went to Leon early Monday morning to hang out with the zone for a
little and we went to Burger King. I got a milkshake, but it was more like a
stomach bomb and left me a little sick. But that’s alright.
So the coolest thing by far this week was that on
Sunday night I got a call from the AP’s and they told me that I was going to be
training again. So I was pretty excited about that. My companion also got a
phone call saying that he was going to go to Puerto Cabezas. So he was really
excited too. Anyway, on Monday we ate breakfast with the zone, then we hurried
back to Nagarote in an express bus. We got to Nagarote and got dressed. Then my
companion packed, and we ran to the side of the highway and jumped on another
bus that was going to Managua. So Monday afternoon at 4pm I had a training
meeting for the new trainers. It kind of stunk that my P-day was taken away,
but whatever. So I went to this meeting, and then I went to the secretary’s
house and slept the night there. They have a hot water heater, and it was the
first time in my mission that I got to take a hot shower. Cool stuff. But yeah,
today I had to get onto another bus and go to the mission president's' house
and there I got my new companion. He is Elder V, from El Salvador. So yeah that
is really cool. Now I have 3 kids in the mission. My companion is only 18, so
he is the youngest comp I’ve ever had. We were with the president in his house
for a while, and then we got my comp’s bags ready and we jumped on a bus and
got back here to Nagarote like 30 minutes ago. It was crazy. The cool thing is
that I’m not training alone. Hermana W (the other Hermana who is here in
Nagarote) is also training. Her comp is Hermana A from Costa Rica. So yeah,
Nagarote is now the home of two brand new missionaries!!!!
But yeah, I’m excited for this change. It’s going to
be fun being with a new missionary. He seems a little nervous, but that is
normal. I feel really comfortable training again, and I’m happy.
So not too much happened this week. It was New Year’,
and we got some food from some members, which was nice. On the 1st, nobody was
outside. I think that they were all hung over. Literally the streets were dead,
and filled with empty beer bottles and garbage everywhere, and burned-up
fireworks. So Elder T and I decided to go to a place called Las Parcelas, which
is also sometimes know as Silvio Mayorga. We went there, and it was like 45
minutes on bicycles, which we borrowed from some members. I’m really out of
shape, and the bike that I was on didn’t have any gears or brakes.... Pretty
sketchy. But anyways, the coolest part is that we found a giant snake in the
trail. It was really fat and nasty. I sent some pictures home.
Oh, and I found another Idaho license plate. I was
thoroughly trunkified after.
Well, that’s about all that happened. I love you all,
and hope that this week is awesome for you guys! Have fun, and I love you all,
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment