March 31, 2014
Hey family,
It was great to get your email. I only have like 4
months left, and the time seems to fly by so quickly. So last night I got the
changes, and I'll be going to Chinandega Oeste. It’s a different zone than the
zone that I began in, but either way it should be pretty fun. I think that my
area will be called El Naranjo 2, but I can’t really remember well. My comp is
going to be an Elder R. I don’t really know him well, but he was here in the
Zone Leon for my first change here. I never really talked to him, but everyone
says that he's pretty chill. So yeah, that should be fun. It’s really weird,
because I know that I’m going to my last area. So yeah... strange stuff. It
feels so weird to be ending the mission.
Anyways, yesterday when I got the phone call telling
me about the changes, I was with my converts J and Y. It was really sad,
because I was sitting with them when I figured out that I would be leaving the
area. Anyways, they both got really sad, and started taking a ton of pictures
of my comp and me. Then J gave me a blessing, and it was a really spiritual
moment in my mission. I was really grateful to have the opportunity to have
taught/baptized them. They are amazing converts, and they were both really sad
to hear that I was leaving. They want to throw a party for me today, so that
should be fun :)
So not too much has happened this week. I did the last
district meeting, and we took some pictures and it was pretty fun. Then we went
to eat some quesillos. On Thursday I went on divisions for the last time with
Elder G. Man that guy is trunky. He is ending his mission tomorrow and he got
me super super trunky. We stayed up late talking, and he is a really good
friend of mine. While we were in the Paz Centro we went to Momotombo and I did
a baptismal interview for a family that they baptized on Saturday. It was
really fun. Then the next day I went on divisions with the ZLs and Elder O and
I got super trunky again. It was crazy. But anyways, in these past few days,
we've been working hard and having some success here in Nagarote. This week we
found 9 new families to teach and like 21 new investigators. Pretty cool. We
have been teaching a guy and he said that he got his answer from God, and that
now he wants to be baptized. Fun stuff! Also on Saturday at 4pm we did a branch
activity. It was called "El Plan de Salvacion" and basically the
people showed up and didn’t know what was going on. The invitations just said
that there would be games, food, and fun. So basically they just show up with
no idea what is going to happen. When they enter, they get like 3 tickets (1
green and 2 yellows). With their tickets, they could buy stuff like games,
food, play the Nintendo, go to the movie theater room, etc. Every time that
they'd buy something, their tickets would get changed to a red or yellow
ticket. But my comp was in a room as a preacher, and whenever someone would
enter into the church, their red tickets would be changed for green tickets. I
was the "devil" and I was hanging around the game rooms changing people’s
green tickets for red tickets, and tempting the people to hang around and play
games. The two sister missionaries were like missionaries, and were inviting
the people to the "church-area". So it was basically just like a
giant plan of salvation game. Green = celestial, Yellow = terrestrial, Red =
telestial. Then after an hour, everything stopped, and we all went into the big
room and everyone that had red tickets were put on one side of the room, yellow
on another side, and green on another side. Basically it just shows how we come
to the world not knowing what we're going to do, and then all of the sudden our
time runs out and we're left with our "tickets" which are the
evidence of our actions here in life. It was fun, and I was able to "condemn"
a ton of people being the devil. It was really fun, and everyone loved it. I
think that like 60 people showed up, which is really good for a small branch
like Nagarote. There were also many investigators who attended.
Oh today for p-day we went to Leon, got some burger
king, and went to the cathedral of Leon. It’s the biggest cathedral in all of
Central America. I had been there before, but this time we paid some money and
did a tour and they took us up on the roof. Its huge, but that is an under
statement. Its ginormous. I'll take you guys there. But yeah, my cameras
battery dies right as we got on the roof. Kind of a bummer. After that we went
and got some smoothies that were amazing, and I bought a sweet cake. Leon is a
really cool tourist city, and there are millions of backpacking Europeans
there.
So I don’t really know how much "weird food"
I’ve been eating recently. I'm addicted to Jocotes, which are these fruits that
don’t exist in the US. I was trying to find the translation and it says that
they're called "Spanish plums". Who knows, but they are really good.
I will just buy a big bag of them in the streets and chow down on them for the
whole day. While Elder G and I were in Momotombo we were just finding them in
the streets and eating them (probably no the most sanitary thing to do... but
whatever...).
So yeah, life is good. I feel really really weird to
have changes, and I’m super sad to have to leave Nagarote. The first week or so
in a new area always kind of suck, but after that it becomes your new home. So
yeah, no worries. It will be fun to go back to Chinandega and I've got a lot of
friends that are there. So yeah, good stuff.
Thanks family,
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment