Wednesday, May 28, 2014

#89 El Naranjo


May 26, 2014

Hey family,

So it’s all going pretty well here. We're just hanging around and today we haven’t really done anything too big. We woke up and I washed all of my laundry on the board, and cleaned the house a little. Then we wandered around Chinandega for a while and found a cool bread store and ate some ice cream. Somehow we ended up at the mall and met some other elders there and got some food. The "mall" is not really that cool. It’s basically just a food court with 6 restaurants and a couple of clothes stores. Pretty low key. But yeah, then we went to the supermarket and went back to our area. Nothing really too extreme. Right now we're over by the chapel because we had to fill up the font. Someone is going to get baptized and the bishop asked us to fill it up. So yeah, that’s how my p-day has been. Pretty casual.

So I didn’t know that today was Memorial Day. That’s pretty cool that no one is working or has school. 

This week we've just been visiting a ton of investigators and working like normal. I don’t think that anything too extreme happened this week. Last night we saw a guy crash his motorcycle, but he was going super slow so it wasn’t too bad. He just got scuffed up, and was kind of angry. I bet that he was drunk. Oh and yesterday we had a family of investigators in the church. That's always fun. And our convert J seems to be doing really well. He came to church with his family, and the cool thing is that they were able to bring one of their daughters who has been less active for many, many years. That was really cool. 

So the rain began this week. It’s been raining a lot, and every day it pounds for a couple hours and we always get really wet. Part of our area is called the "champas" and it’s where all the tin houses and dirt roads are. When it rains it gets super nasty and the streets turn into mud pits. It’s pretty crazy, and really dirty. I'm thinking about buying a pair of the giant rubber boots that come up to my knees. But we'll see. 

That’s about all that's been going on. I'm doing well, and we're just looking for people to teach. We should baptize a family this week, and that will be really cool! But yeah, I’ll keep you all updated. Anyways, let me know what’s new, and I hope that you're all doing well. I love you all.

Elder Stark

To Henry: Darth Maul is the best, because he has a double light saber




No comments:

Post a Comment