Hey family,
Well, I liked your email. It sounds like
all is going pretty well, except for the vomit-covered mom. That’s a pretty
funny story, and it sounds like it was all laughs. Aside from that, it looks
like you all had a pretty fun week with all of the dessert parties and bags of
hair. Good stuff.
So here it’s been going well. Now that
I’ve got a new comp, it’s been going a lot better. We are working hard, and we
are contacting like crazy. But yeah, I’m making sure that we arrive home at
night "ready to die" for how exhausted we are. I suppose that that is
a good thing though. My new comp is pretty cool. He is about 5 feet tall, and
just about arrives at my shoulder. It’s pretty funny. Back at home, I was
probably just like normal sized, but here in Nicaragua, among all of the
Latinos I’m actually pretty tall. And my comp is really short, so it’s a funny
combination.
I can’t really think of anything really
exciting that we did this week. Basically we have just been working really,
really, hard and we're being super obedient. We are doing everything that we
should be doing. On Sunday, it was pretty cool. We brought 2 families of
investigators to church, and one of these families was a new family that we
haven’t taught yet. It was a family that I had contacted with Elder C a couple
weeks before, and around 7:45 (15 minutes before church started), I saw them
again in the street so I walked over to them and invited them to church. They
said that they would arrive, and I was really happy when during sacrament
meeting they arrived at church. Their names are J and M, and they seem like
really cool investigators. So yeah, they totally LOVED church, and I imagine
that we'll probably baptize them pretty soon. I really want to give my comp a
ton of opportunities to baptize this change.
But anyways, life is good, and we are
working hard. I have just a couple pictures of my comp and me. He is cool. He
is from Guatemala. In fact, he’s actually from the mission where Elder Dalton
(my friend Derek from BYU) is serving. But yeah, have a good week, and I love
you all.
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment