September 16, 2013
Hey family,
It’s crazy to think that it's P-day again, but yeah, the time seems to be
flying. Today for P-day we have just been chilling around. We went to play some
football at the church, but a bunch of kids showed up so we didn’t end up playing.
Instead we just went to Pizza Hut and got some pizza. Pretty normal P-day.
So this week was pretty cool. We are progressing a lot with an investigator
named J. He is the husband of B. So yeah, now he's given up smoking and should
be ready to get baptized this Saturday. That should be cool. Whenever we go to
their house, I always joke around with him saying "ya tiene calor"
(are you hot?) Then I respond with "necesita bañarse" (you need to
bathe yourself.) It’s kind of a funny inside joke that in other words is saying,
"You gotta get baptized." So yeah, he should be getting baptized
soon. That will be cool. Then we'll focus on his family. So yeah. On Sunday we
brought 6 investigators, and that was cool as well. We brought a new guy, and
he seemed to like church a lot. He promised to bring his wife and kids and
grandma next Sunday. It turns out that this guy's neighbor is a Recent Convert,
and this guy went crazy when he saw his neighbor in the church. He was all
hyped up and was like "SO WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO BAPTISE YOU? HAVE THEY
PUT A DATE WITH YOU YET???" And the investigator guy was all like
"uhhh....." So yeah, that was cool. We have some other investigates
that are cool. L and his brother in law arrived at church. He works in the
market, and they live in a pretty normal Nica house. The wife of L (D) sells
clothes from their house, and they also sell these fruit frescos from their
house. J and B are pretty cool. They live in a nice house in Grupo F like 4
streets away from where we live. Super close. They are the rich farmers, but
have been having problems due to government regulations. They also cut and ship
lumber, and have been really worried about their lumber industry. They say that
their first semi trailer should be arriving tomorrow. The drive from Alamicamba
to Managua is a day and a half drive, and their semi should be arriving here
soon. And the other investigators are doing well, but J and L/D are the
investigators that are progressing more than anyone else.
Well, aside from that, there isn’t too much to report. We just work a lot,
and do a lot of contacting. My comp is pretty nervous, but I take him out of
his comfort zone a lot. A lot of times I make him contact/teach/make phone
calls and stuff like that. But he has improved a lot, and seems to be doing a
good job. Sometimes he just runs out of stuff to say, and looks at me all
frantically. But it’s all good. We work well, and I help him out a lot. So
yeah, that’s pretty cool. My comp is really short. I sometimes think that
he looks like Mark Walburg. But he is like 5 feet tall, and even the Latinos
call him short. He has been a member his whole life and has a brother that
served a mission in Guatemala. My comp is 21. And yeah, I’m like a giant here.
Well, its been raining a lot here. I sent home some pictures and stuff
about the rain. It flooded the street, and we had to kind of jump across these
huge puddles. If I were Bailey, I’d buy some of the Hush Puppy boots. They don’t
look too extreme, but they probably keep the water out. Sometimes I see
missionaries with those on. But anyways, we always end up getting wet.
The rain here is pretty extreme. Just look at the pictures and you'll
understand.
It’s pretty cool that an apostle will be coming to the stake. An apostle hasn’t
visited Nicaragua in about 2 years, and the last one to visit was Elder Nelson.
So anyways, that guy totally knows what Nicaragua is like.
But yeah, I hope that this week is a good week for you guys. I’m enjoying Nicaragua,
and I really don’t want to leave the mission. I think that I’ll be pretty
nervous when I finally have to come home. I don’t want to leave this place. I
hope that Bailey can enjoy and appreciate the mission as much as I do here.
Serving a mission really is one of the best things in the world, and it is
amazing. I’m learning a lot, and like I said before, I don’t really want to
leave the mission. I was lying in my bed last night all sweaty and looking up
at the tin roof of my house thinking "I really don’t want to leave. I feel
like I’m just getting the hang of things, and I feel like the mission is one of
the best parts of my life". So yeah, life is good. Real good. (Nacho)
Anyways, have a fun week,
Elder Stark



No comments:
Post a Comment