September 30, 2013
Hey family,
Well, another week has passed. I now have 13 months in
the mission, and it’s going really well.
This week, we spent a lot of time working with our
investigators and with some less actives. The less actives are tough to work
with, but working with the investigators is awesome. With the general
conference coming up, we are all growing really, really excited to hear from
the prophet. Haven’t I told you that the general conference is the best time of
the mission? I am super, super, super excited, and it will be really awesome.
Plus now we can watch the session, so it will be the best!
So here is something cool that I don’t think I’ve ever
mentioned. Whenever we go and teach a lesson, we always invite the
investigators to pray. Usually they're pretty timid to pray, but after a few
lessons, they are praying 24/7. Whenever the investigators pray in the lessons,
they always seem to pray a lot for us as missionaries. And also, they always
are praying for our families. So yeah, just think about how awesome it is that
some investigators in Nicaragua is specifically praying in Spanish for you all
at home. Pretty cool huh?
Oh while we were contacting, we contacted a house with
a one legged war veteran that was like a commander in the war or something. He
let us in, and we taught him a little, but then he just started jabbering on
about the war and how he lost his leg. I think that the war made him a little
crazy. Then he started asking me for government documents from the US. Yeah,
this guy was pretty crazy. So we just kind of were like "yeah... we've got
another appointment, and we need to leave". And then we left. Pretty much
every day we contact all kinds of crazy people with weird stories.
Oh, on Saturday we had a meeting with the bishop, and
while we were in his office discussing the missionary work, it was raining
super hard. Then all of the sudden a lightning bolt hit like 50 yards from the
church, and it was a pretty crazy thing. The next day in church, nothing was
working. All of the electrical stuff was fried. The microphone wasn’t working,
and the AC was out. Plus a lot of the lights in the hallway were burnt out. On
Sunday, I had to bless the sacrament in the sacrament meeting, and I just kind
of had to shout the prayer so that everyone could here. It was pretty cool.
Well, life seems to be going well. We've had a lot of
success, and we had another family in the church, which was cool. I was really
happy, because one of our investigators (E) was asking about his baptism. We're
going to baptize him on Friday, and hopefully give him the priesthood soon so
that he can baptize his wife. His wife came to the church for the first time on
Sunday, and liked it a lot. So yeah, we've got a pretty cool family that we're
teaching that should get baptized soon.
Well, I hope that all is well at home. Take care, and
don’t forget to have FHE tonight.
Elder Stark!


No comments:
Post a Comment