October 7, 2013
Hey family,
Well, another great week has passes by again. I think
I’ve said it before, but general conference is the best part of the mission. I
think that it’s even better than Christmas. It was so awesome. I like that the
mission president changed the rule that we can now go to conference, even if we
don’t have investigators. My comp and I always throw fire though, and we had
investigators in almost all of the sessions. It was fantastic. We brought 2
families of investigators, and I think 6 people in total. One of the families
arrived at church late, so we snuck in the back door, and sat down in the back
of the gym area with them. I was all like.... whew.... (deep breath), and then
I figured out that the family sitting on the bench in front of us was the
mission president and his wife and family. Then I was all like... crap. The
family that we brought has a little one-year-old girl that was being super
rowdy, and I was worried that it was going to bother the mission president, but
he seemed pretty cool and chill. The Hermana Collado was totally giving cookies
and stuff to the little girl, which I think helped a little with the screaming.
So yeah, that was pretty intense. Oh and did you know that Elder Scott, the
apostle, does his own Spanish translation for the GC. It was almost
impossible to understand. I think that his Spanish plus a gringo accent is hard
to understand. So yeah, just an interesting side note. Oh, and I thought that
it was funny that Elder Ochoa (on of the 70s that spoke), and I had just shaken
hands and I had spent the day with him like a month ago.
After the second session of the Sunday conference, we
had a baptism, and we baptized the Hermano E. It was awesome, and it was my
companions first time baptizing. E is huge, and is like twice the size of my
comp, so it was a pretty crazy baptism. My comp had to do it twice, because the
first time E didn’t go completely under. And the second time, he was baptized
perfectly. I think that my comp almost gave himself a hernia trying to lift
this guy back to his feet. I am convinced that E weights like 260 pounds or
something. Pretty funny stuff. Now we are just working to baptize his wife,
whose name is V.
So this week was good. At 3pm on Friday, at the exact
same time Bailey was going through the temple, we were doing the baptism
interview for E. I thought that that was interesting.
So this week, President Collado came and did
interviews with the zone Villa Flor. My interview was awesome, and I think the
mission president is happy with our work. So that was good.
Well life is good. Today for p-day, our bishop got
permission to take us to the south mission and go to Price Smart. Price Smart
is the international chain of Costco. It was awesome. I think that I got myself
pretty homesick though, because I totally ate a Costco pizza plus the frozen
yogurt. It is all the exact same. So that was crazy. I took some pictures to
show you all. Fun stuff. I bought a box of American doughnuts, which I am
pretty excited to eat.
Well, this week was awesome. I love you all and hope
that you’re happy and safe.
Con amor,
Elder Stark
No comments:
Post a Comment