Hey family,
It was awesome getting your letter. It sounds like
life is going well, and that Bailey is just getting ready to get out on his
mission. That is an awesome time because you still don’t know what to expect,
and you're all antsy to get out. Good stuff. It sounds like he's having some of
the same experience I had when I was getting ready to leave. Be sure that the
camera that he gets takes good pictures in the dark. My camera has a hard time
focusing in the dark. Also, don’t get a flashy camera that’s red or anything.
Get a solid black camera that doesn’t draw any attention. Let me know.
So I was stoked to hear that the family got baptized
into your ward. That’s awesome. I can’t believe that the stake president and
mission president and that a lot of members came. That sounds really awesome.
It must be awesome baptizing in a font in the US, because the water is heated.
The water here is pretty chilly. But yeah cool stuff. We baptized as well on
Saturday. We baptized a guy named S who is about 27. He is a cool guy, and is
almost engaged to an LDS woman. So hopefully he goes to the temple when he
completes a year. In our baptism, we had around 15 members, and the bishop was
there for the first half of the baptism service. So we had a pretty good turnout.
Oh so our mamacita made us some cow udder. I've
already eaten udder many times, but it’s always funny to say that I'm eating a
cow’s udder. Its pretty much like white and chewy. Oh, and didn't I say
that the critter life has been getting a lot crazier? Well, we found a turtle
in the streets on Friday night, and we kept it for a day and named it Spirit.
Then, we left it in the house and it got lost. We were pretty worried for a
while, but then we found it under our fridge. So after that we decided to give
it to our neighbors. Good stuff. And I finally made that Reese’s desert bar
mix. It was awesome. Because we don’t have any way of heating anything up, I
put the stick of butter in a plastic bag, and set in on a tree stump and let it
melt in the sun. So it was pretty McGuiver trying to make the thing, but it was
awesome. It actually turned out really well, and it is the best. The Latinos
were going nuts over it. Seriously though, that was like the best thing that
I've eaten in over a year. It was awesome. Like words can’t describe how
awesome it was. The typical food that I eat all day is rice and beans and stuff
like that. Also, our neighbors sell bananas in the streets, so I am totally
buying bananas in the streets all of the time. But the Reese’s was awesome.
Well, today my comp and I got permission from the APs
to leave the zone and go to the market Huembes and buy some stuff. I got some
Christmas presents for Mary for the gift exchange, so hopefully she likes that.
I'll probably be sending the stuff next p-day. I think that I might withdraw
like $20 of personal money to replenish the mission money that I used to buy
Mary's gift. Is that alright? But seriously, I got some cool stuff and did some
good bartering. So on p-days, we don’t really do much. The zone is really
small, and doesn’t really have much to do. We generally can’t leave the zone,
so on p-days we pretty much just play soccer and eat something good. In the
north mission, there isn’t really anything to see as far as sight-seeing is
concerned. Perhaps in the south mission there is more touristy stuff. Or maybe
in "los departamentos" there is more sight-seeing kind of things like
mountains or waterfalls. But here in Managua, there isn’t too much to
see.
So you should totally ask that guy who served in the
RD what it is like. Yeah, here in Nicaragua there is pretty much music blasting
wherever you go. The type of music that everyone loves here is called bachata.
Look up a song called "llévame contigo.” The Centroamericanos love that
song, and you can pretty much here it anywhere you go. It’s pretty chill. There
are some people that love regatón, but that type of music is really bad. In the
buses, there is always regaton blasting on some very expensive sound systems.
It’s no bueno. Ask the guy who served in the RD what the music is like
there.
Well that’s about it for this week. I love you all. Have a great week.
Elder Stark




No comments:
Post a Comment